MONEY$AVER DIY Christmas Gifts

This year we decided to do DIY Christmas gifts and the more time passes, the happier I am with that decision.  We are doing canvas paintings for those near and dear to us.

>> It's a great way to get the kids involved and to nurture the spirit of giving for Christmas as we spend time preparing and creating.

>> It's personal and memorable.  Imagine going to a friend or family's home over the next few years and seeing an art piece that I created with my little ones...with all the love and time we put into it.

>> It gets me away from the hustle and bustle and gives me more time with the kids during the Christmas season.  

>> It creates memories with them and for them and they will take a lot of pride in presenting their piece.  We are NOT artists so this is a whole new experience for us.  We're learning together.

>> As a homeschooler this also becomes our art sessions for the next two months.  We have 10 or more canvases to complete.

>> It's low-budget.

Here is the 'Under the Sea' canvas we're working on.  Remember it's a work in progress so please don't judge our artistic skills yet.  LOL. I can't show you the finished product until after Christmas when everyone receives their canvas.   Some recipients read this blog and we still want the element of surprise.  LOL.


Under The Sea

UPDATE: You can find the completed paintings here on MONEY$AVER DIY CHRISTMAS GIFTS PART 2

Comments

Veronica Lee said…
Love the idea!
Hi! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club. Great blog!
Have a nice day!
Natalie P. said…
How exciting my first blog comment! :-) Thank you so much! You made it a great day. Lol. :-)
Erin Putnam said…
I love giving paintings as gifts! This is such a great idea and I love that your children are involved in it.
Natalie P. said…
Thanks Erin. They are having so much fun! Even my 2 year old is in on it.
Natalie P. said…
The canvases have been posted if you'd like to see the final products. I've added a link at the end of the post above.
Thanks again for stopping by :-)
Natalie P. said…
The canvases have been posted if you'd like to see the final products. I've added a link at the end of the post above.
Thanks again for stopping by :-)

Popular Posts