Hope For Spotted Bananas



I don't know about you but in my house spotted bananas can be treated like the plague.  Maybe I'm late on this train but you can peel and freeze them according to size depending on how you will use it later.  Freeze them individually using plastic wrap.  I saw a friend do this a few days ago.  Brilliant!  The frozen bananas are perfect for smoothies and milkshakes, eliminating the need for ice.  You can defrost and blend or mash them for baking.  Great tip.



She said she also freezes her tomatoes and adds it to her pot as needed.  Haven't tried that one yet.  Nevertheless, I no longer have to try to eat all the spotted bananas myself, nor do I have to continually make banana bread so my bananas don't go to waste.  Thanks for the tip Nadine!  My banana bread is amazing by the way.  Moist and yummy...stay tuned for the "no blend" recipe.


Comments

Popular Posts